Yeah, so I did my movies now on to music, this is mainly due to me feeling my favourite records haven't been represented this year in a lot of the end of year lists. I also did a Best of 2012 Spotify playlist with some of my other favourites of the year.
Apologies for the poor writing, I'm a little sleepy and hungover! Happy New Year to y'all!xx
2. La Sera - Sees the Light / Katy Goodman (aka the girl from Vivian Girls with the lovely hair) doing a break up album in a Go-Go's esque sunny pop style. I love the Vivian Girls, but really Katy should just do this instead.
3. Chairlift - Something / The band made famous for their awesome song "Bruises" being used on this advert come back with a second album that eclipses their debut, awesome 80's production with nice drums, sounding synths, beautiful female vocals, a real gem.
4. Kishi Bashi - 151a / Lush orchestral pop from of Montreal violinist Kaoru Ishibashi, just lovely.
5. David Byrne & St. Vincent - Love This Giant / Bit of a no brainer really, it's so great when collaboration records don't suck.
6. Pegasvs - Pegasvs awesome Spanish band!
7. Still Flyin' - On A Bedroom Wall / TSWCYL's favourites, the long awaited second album, less of the regae-esque pop and more synths, this record was criminally unrecognised this year.
8. Diiv - Oshin
9. Benjamin Gibbard - Former Lives / I'm a sad Death Cab fan so of course I was going to love this! Nice duet with Aimee Mann too, and this video is kinda funny in a bit of a goofy way.
10. Chain and the Gang - In Cool Blood / Chain and the Gang should rule the world!