Friday 2 March 2012

You are hero, you are off the hook

Yes so this blog is generally about indie music invading our favourite movies and TV shows, well sometimes it's the other way round and record labels pay actors to pimp up their videos, whoa!

Anyway I thought I'd use this blog post to show off a few of my favourite videos I've enjoyed over the last year or so.



Yes that's correct, we were all quite surprised to find Mr. Mad Men himself Jon Hamm in a Herman Dune video, but we rolled with it, according to our source he's a fan, wise man.

And good news ladies, I can confirm that Jon Hamm is as sexy in real life as he is on the telly, me and my girl Kate were literally 5 metres away from him at the filming of a Ronna and Beverly pilot the other week which was lotsa fun, and rather hot (it was the lights and that...).  We're in the process of writing a Freaks and Geeks zine so we will write more about it then.  Before you ask "what does that have to do with F&G?" it was a Paul Feig (Mr. Creator of Freaks and Geeks) produced pilot, we're rather excited that Paul Feig is trying to bring some boss TV to England.

Sorry, I got distracted segwaying the conversation to Freaks and Geeks...  Anyway Herman Dune are playing at Heaven on the 19th April supported by the tremendous Allo Darlin', get yr tickets here, see you down the front, mine's a vodka and diet coke etc etc.

Moving on...


I bloody love Apples (In Stereo), and Hobbit Boy Elijah Wood bloody does too! Because as well as starring in this video he's produced the one for Energy and check this, even paid a part in released the band's "New Magnetic Wonder" LP (which was awesome by the way) with his own Simian Records, watch him have a chat about his label, why not?



Apples (In Stereo) are playing ATP next weekend and I am very muchly looking forward to having a bit of a dance to them with my crew. See you down the front, mine's a vodka and diet coke, just in case you missed that before.

Up next Slow Club!

Love this song, but Moshi Moshi obviously spent all their money on getting Mackenzie Crook and paying for the ferris wheel that they forgot about much else!

And now onto the criminally young (he'll frikking 17!) Madeon


And there is also this very similar video of a Yelle remix.  Yes of course that is one Martin Starr (Freaks and Geeks, Party Down, you know it), this video and music has some startling similarities to this...



We are currently following Martin Starr's rap career at The Shins Will Change Your Life, though I feel that discussing that here would be just too much excitement for one day! I promise that will be a full post about it at some point.

Anyway, did you enjoy those videos? Did I miss some equally awesome "actor in a pop video" moments? Leave a comment or drop me an email and I'll get onto it!

Hope y'all awesome
Alicexx



2 comments:

  1. What about Winona Ryder performance in Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's video "She Got The Rock & Roll Blues"? It's also worth to mention, don't you thing?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lZtFO5hZ0Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! Thanks for the tip!xx

    ReplyDelete