Tuesday 12 January 2010

Happy 100th birthday How I Met Your Mother!!

Ahh, How I Met Your Mother, probably the funniest sitcom on telly and one of the few telly programs where catch phrases are alright or even legen - wait for it - dary! (sorry...) This week we celebrated the program's 100th episode, that means we've spent 41 hours and 40 minutes watching the program. Whoa! That's a lot of How I Met Your Mother! and to celebrate it they decided to sing a song about Barney's favourite item of clothing...



Of course How I Met Your Mother has had it's fair few band name dropping incidents, my favourite was when Ted thinks he's going to have a threesome and invites the ladies up to his flat to listen to his Wilco cd (yes cause that's what gets the girls going, bit of Jeff Tweedy! Well actually...). Ted has also used both Kim Deal and Kim Gordon when describing his soul mate and in the first series he dates a girl who had a favourite Belle & Sebastian song (which was "We Rule The School" pop fans, not my favourite, I think mine is "Legal Man" or maybe "I Could Be Dreaming" or probably another one). Probably the most annoying thing that even though Ted is Mr. Indie he has bad hair and is also Mr. Boring, bad combination!! See for yrself...


The 100th episode is no exception with Ted getting all excited when he spots the girl (played by the lovely Rachel Bilson) he's on a date with owns The Unicorns album 'Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?'. I miss The Unicorns, I know we have Clues and Islands, but god dammit, it's not the same!

Check out this blog about the music featured on How I Met Your Mother
And this website It was the best night ever (yes that IS Nuno from Extreme, blimey!)
And of course Barney's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment